Fire Full Time, Deputy Fire Marshal
The Town of Manchester is seeking a Deputy Fire Marshal. Under general direction of the Fire Marshal, is responsible for inspection of buildings in the Town for the purpose of eliminating fire and casualty hazards and for performing administrative work associated with this activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of modern firefighting equipment and methods, principles and practices of fire prevention, operational techniques in emergency and life saving situations.
- Considerable knowledge of State and local laws and regulations relating to fire safety and the geography of the Town.
- Considerable knowledge of Fire Code, Town ordinances, and regulations with respect to fire safety and fire prevention required in fire inspection assignments.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to schedule and assign work to subordinates and to prepare and maintain written records and reports.
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinates in a manner that fosters morale and cooperation.
- Two (2) years of continuous MFRE Department service as a Fire Inspector and current certification as a Connecticut Deputy Fire Marshal and completion of Life Safety Educator certification within 1 year of appointment;
- -OR- One (1) year continuous MFRE department service as a Fire Inspector and an associate degree or above and current certification as a Connecticut Deputy Fire Marshal and completion of the Life Safety Educator certification within one (1) year of appointment;
- -OR- Four (4) years continuous, fire department service as a Fire Inspector or Deputy Fire Marshal and current certification as a Connecticut Deputy Fire Marshal and completion of the Life Safety Educator certification within 1 year of appointment.
For a more detailed Job description click here.
How to Apply
Town of Manchester
Attn. Human Resources
41 Center Street, P.O. Box 191
Manchester, CT 06045-0191
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, or must be postmarked by Wednesday, August 17, 2022. No faxed or e-mailed resumes and/or applications will be accepted.