EMA Full Time, Firefighter/Driver/EMT for Town of East Lyme, CT
The Town of East Lyme will be establishing a list for full time job openings; Firefighter/Driver/EMT. Individuals will be assigned to the Flanders or Niantic Fire Department. Nature of Employments includes 45 Hours a week Monday to Friday.
Mitigates emergency situations involving fires, hazardous materials, rescues and/or emergency medical incidents and resolves non-emergency incidents. Completes reports
on EMS and fire calls. Gives instruction to the general public regarding fire prevention and safety. Performs preventative maintenance work on fire apparatus, equipment,
buildings, and completes assigned administrative tasks.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license (Q2, CDL or equivalent);
- Candidate must have Firefighter I, A Valid EMT Certification for the State of Connecticut, and Firefighter II at the completion of their probation.
- Good moral character, stable employment history and no history of any conduct which may affect suitability for Firefighter/EMT work.
Candidates will be required to pass any and all evaluations and certifications, including a background check and an agility test.
How to Apply
All applications will be reviewed for completeness, neatness and experience. Application forms and a full job description are available online HERE or can be picked up at any Town of East Lyme fire station or at the Fire Marshal’s Bureau.
Completed application packages will be accepted at the Fire Marshal’s Office located at 277 West Main Street, Niantic CT. 06357 starting on Wednesday October 5th 2022.
All applications must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday October 19th 2022.