EMS Full Time, Firefighter/EMT
The Cromwell Fire Department is currently recruiting for the position of Career Full Time Firefighter/EMT. This is a full-time position totaling 42 hours a week with additional overtime and Call Back requirements. Successful candidates will be required to complete a (1) one-year probationary period. The selection process will entail the following:
- Completion of a Cromwell Fire District Employee Application (provided on FirefighterAPP at https://www.firefighterapp.com/Cromwell-CT-Firefighter-Jobs/3517/
- Successfully pass a pre-employment physical & drug screening
- Criminal and motor vehicle background check
- Submission of current resume with application
- Copy of Pre-Requisite Certification to be forwarded with application
- Written Examination (50%)
Written Exam Study Material (100 Question Test) Written exam will take place (tentatively) on Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Oral Objective Evaluation (50%) conducted by outside Career Firefighters & Officers (30- minute Oral testing) Date, Time, and Location TBD
- Up to 5 bonus points will be added to the final scores of an applicant based upon their total years of service to the Cromwell Fire Department as a Part-Time Employee or Volunteer, if applicable:
- 0-1 years = 1 Point
- 2-3 Years = 2 Points
- 4-5 Years = 3 Points
- 6-7 Years = 4 Points
- 8 years or more = 5 Points
- Up to 5 points will be added to the final scores of an applicant based upon Military Service Record or if they are a Town of Cromwell Resident for the last 2 years (documentation must be provided)
- The additional points for Military Service, Residency, or the total years of service can’t be accumulated. An applicant can only have a max of 5 points based on the two previous categories.
▪ Ex./ Applicant has 4 years of service and has lived in the Town of Cromwell for 3 years, the applicant will only receive 5 additional points
- IFSAC or ProBoard Firefighter II & Hazardous Materials Operations Certification in accordance with NFPA 1001 and NFPA 472 or 1072.
- Valid State of Connecticut Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification • NIMS Certified ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800
- Valid Connecticut Drives License with “Q” Restrictions or CDL A/B or be able to obtain “Q” Restrictions within 6 months from date of hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have a Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification, obtain a Valid CPAT certification within 6 months from the date of hire while the Connecticut State of Emergency exists, or documentation of continuous (3 years or more) employment in a Career Fire Department as a Career Firefighter with successful completion of CFA or Local AHJ recruit firefighter program
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in Fire Science, Fire Administration or another related field
- IFSAC or Proboard certified as Fire Instructor I and Fire Officer I
- Successful completion of the Connecticut Fire Academy Recruit Program
All requests for reasonable accommodations in the testing process along with medical documentation establishing the need for the accommodation must be submitted with the application no later than closing date.
How to Apply
The Cromwell Fire Department will accept applications, certificates, and resumes via FirefighterAPP.com for a hiring list of entry level Firefighter/EMT from January 13, 2022, at 0800 hours, through February 3, 2022, at 1600 hours.
For further information to apply and instructions, please review the following Cromwell Fire Department Career Firefighter Job Description or contact the Cromwell Fire Department Chief’s Office at LPandolfini@cromwellfd.com.