Police Full Time, Police Lieutenant Endicott College
Endicott College is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Full Time Police Lieutenant to work the night shift. This 12-month position includes health, dental, and tuition benefits for you and your family along with a retirement plan with employer contributions.
We are located approximately 20 miles north of Boston and parking is free. We are also accessible by commuter rail on the Newburyport/Rockport line. Come and explore Endicott’s seaside locale where employees are an important part of the bustling campus community.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Police will work with and oversee specialized support units within the department including Emergency Response Planning, Investigations, Fleet and Equipment, and Evidence.
- Provide timely updates on all relevant information within support services to the Chief of Police and/or his/her designee.
- Work with other knowledgeable personnel in developing new or revising Emergency Response Plans and Procedures.
- Assist as needed with the traffic and motor vehicle related issues.
- Assist as needed with planning of major events/details on campus
- Oversee the Evidence Sergeant in maintaining applicable General Orders/Procedures relating to the storage of evidence.
- Write performance appraisals on any Sergeant and/or Officer(s) under his/her immediate supervision.
- Employ effective community service oriented techniques, ensuring positive and professional interactions are maintained with the Endicott College community members.
- Interact with local police, fire and ambulance agencies and assist as needed or directed.
- Testify in judicial and criminal hearings as required.
- Enforce applicable state criminal codes, College parking regulations, student code of conduct as well as College regulations and policies.
- Respond, supervise and investigate crimes reported, vehicle accidents on campus property, medical emergencies, fire safety hazards and fire and security alarms received.
- Participate in various functions and events sponsored by student groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chief of Police or his designee.
- Essential Personnel.
- Must have prior supervisory experience (as a Sergeant or above) in law enforcement or security field. Prior supervisory experience at an educational institutional preferred.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Pass annual motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Pass psychological tests, as scheduled
- Have no prior felony record.
- Be eligible for appointment as a State Special Police Officer under Massachusetts General Laws.
- Have attended an MPTC ROC Academy or has attended the MPTC Bridge Academy.
- Possess an Associate degree, equivalents, or higher (Bachelor preferred).
- Demonstrate excellent people skills employing effective community service orientation techniques.
- Demonstrate computer knowledge for all related systems and programs utilized by Public Safety.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to complete all reports required in a clear and precise manner.
- Maintain active CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid (First Responder) certifications.
- Available to work from 4:00pm to 12:00
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encourage to apply HERE
Endicott is an Equal Opportunity Employer.