Police Full Time, Police Officer
The Town of Acton is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Police Officer. The position shall be responsible for the efficient performance of all duties in conformance with the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and general orders contained in all manuals issued by the Department. Excellent pay, incentives and benefits!
Duties: Duties consist of, but are not limited to, the following general police responsibilities:
- Create and maintain security in the community.
- Identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and, where appropriate, apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings.
- Reduce opportunities for the commission of some crimes through preventive and directed patrols and crime prevention measures.
- Aid individuals who are in danger of physical harm.
- Protect Constitutional guarantees.
- Facilitate the movement of people and vehicles.
- Identify issues that are potentially serious law enforcement or governmental problems.
- Promote and preserve civil order.
- Provide other services on an emergency basis.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- US citizen by birth or naturalization.
- Valid Massachusetts class A firearms license.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Reside within 15 miles of the limits of the Town of Acton according to State Law MGL Ch.41 S. 99A, within nine months of the date of hire.
- No person who smokes any tobacco product shall be eligible for appointment or continue in office as a police officer in a city or town if they smoke any tobacco products according to Section 101A.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or in a related field
- Three (3) years of military experience with proof of service and an Honorable Discharge (DD214)
- Graduate of a full-time Police Academy as prescribed by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Council or an out of state academy equivalent if certified by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Council.
- Pass a thorough background investigation, a medical examination, Physical Abilities Test (PAT) and psychological tests.
- Starting at $28.97/hour, $60,273/year
- Education incentive available:
- 10% of base pay for Associate’s degree
- 20% for Bachelor/Master’s degree
The Acton Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications must be received by March 1, 2022