Police Full Time, Police Officer Tiverton, RI
The Tiverton Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Full-Time Police Officers.
The Tiverton Police Department is comprised of thirty-one (31) sworn officers and twelve civilian support staff. These honest hard working men and women are committed to the highest level of professional service, providing a safe and enjoyable environment for those who live, work or visit our community. We are committed to addressing quality of life issues that affect all citizens. The department values the cooperation received from members of the community, fostering a partnership based upon a mutual trust. We exercise prudent financial management skills seeking grants and other funding resources that increase our community resources as we strive toward excellence in all phases of our operation.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Two (2) years of college study from an accredited university and shall provide documentation of the successful completion of at least sixty (60) credits AND/OR
- Two (2) years of honorable active duty military service AND/OR Four (4) years of honorable Reserve or National Guard Service AND/OR
- A graduate of the Rhode Island Municipal Academy or its equivalent AND/OR two (2) years of prior full-time municipal public safety / law enforcement experience.
The applicants meeting the minimum basic requirements must successfully complete the following phases of the selection process. Testing Dates, Times, & Location will be emailed to qualified applicants:
- Physical Agility Test, which encompasses the following: 300m run, One Minute Sit-up Test, One Repetition Maximum Push-Up, and a 1.5 Mile Run. (Please download and print the Medical Release Form & Physical Agility Standards and have completed by your physician before this test)
- Oral Review Boards.
- Intensive Background Investigation
- Interview with Tiverton Personnel Board
- Psychological Examination
- Recommendation by Police Chief to Town Administrator and Town Council.
- Medical Examination.
Annual Salary: Select an Annual Salary (if applicable)
Hourly Rate : Select an Hourly Rate (if applicable)
How to Apply
All online applications must be submitted no later than Monday, September 26, 2022 at 11:59pm
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply HERE
Applicants with any questions can contact the police department at (401) 625-6717 or contact Lieutenant Palagi at email@example.com
Tiverton is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.