Police Full Time, Police Sergeant
Endicott College is seeking a Police Sergeant to join their Public Safety Department. At Endicott, our officers are
visible and engaged with the campus community. They serve to protect our beautiful campus and are helpful,
informative and customer service orientated – our students, employees and guests rely on them! If you are a
graduate of the MPTC academy, have excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated professional demeanor,
The Police Sergeant is responsible for:
- Providing a safe environment for the Endicott College community by enforcing all state, federal and local laws, as well as college policies and regulations.
- Acts as shift supervisors providing leadership, guidance, and direction to the Officers and student workers assigned to the shift.
- Coordinate all building openings and closings.
- Supervise and assist with patrol services, investigations, fire safety, and crime prevention.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license
- Pass annual motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Pass psychological and medical tests, as scheduled
- Be a qualified instructor in a topic that relates to campus safety and security
- Associate’s degree or higher in criminal justice (or a related field) and a minimum of 3 years of security or law enforcement experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Be eligible for appointment as a State Special Police Officer under Massachusetts General Laws.
- Have attended or been able to pass an MPTC certified Reserve/Intermittent Police Academy. (Applicants with prior academy certification may be given preference)
- Demonstrate excellent people skills employing influential community service-oriented techniques, ensuring positive and professional interactions are maintained with Endicott College community members and their guests Demonstrate computer knowledge for all related systems and programs utilized by Public Safety & Police Dept.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to complete all reports required in a clear and precise manner
- Maintain active CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid (First Responder) certifications
- Computer skills necessary:
- MS Word Intermediate
- MS Excel Intermediate
- COAST Intermediate
- Report Exec Advanced
OR this set of qualifications?
- Must be a graduate of a full-time, MPTC academy
- Must present a copy of a valid Massachusetts class “D” operator’s license and a copy of driving historyrecord from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor
- Must be able to pass the following pre-employment examinations: psychological assessments under theauspices of the Campus Police Department
- Pass annual motor vehicle checks and as well as a thorough background check to include Criminal Offender Records Information
- Eligibility for appointment as a Massachusetts Special State Police Officer under Massachusetts GeneralLaw, Chapter 22C, Section 63
- Must have or be able to obtain and retain a Massachusetts license to carry a firearm. Out-of-State applicantsmust possess the equivalent class of Firearms permit in their resident state and have the ability to obtain aMassachusetts Class A license to carry a
- Ability to work varied work schedules and shifts based on assignment and the needs of thedepartment/College
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should apply online here: https://endicottcollege.applytojob.com/apply/UxdDuM1veV/Police-Sergeant