Please login/register to apply for this job.
5 Jan 2022
Fire Nahant Call Firefighter
- The position of Call Firefighter is a part time position
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18-65, hold a high school diploma (or equivalent), and hold a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Candidates will complete an application for employment and then proceed through the application process, which includes:
- Candidate interview,
- physical agility test,
- pre-employment physical exam (including drug screening),
- criminal record check (CORI).
- Successful candidates must attend departmental training and will be required to successfully complete the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services Call/Volunteer Fire Academy to achieve Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 certification.
- Once hired, trained, and released call firefighters will respond to emergency calls for service and attend monthly training sessions.
- Call Firefighters are paid a competitive hourly rate (variable based upon certifications/training) as well as an annual stipend. Initial hires also receive an additional stipend following completion of the Call/Volunteer Fire Academy.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should send an email to Fire Chief Austin Antrim at firstname.lastname@example.org