Fire Part Time, Call Firefighter
The Rowley Fire Department it looking to fill Call Firefighter positions. This position is responsible for performing firefighting work including, responding to calls for emergency aid, hazardous materials and fire prevention duties. Position is supervised by the Fire Chief, commanding officer or superior officer. The Rowley Fire Department depends on a force of about 20 paid on-call firefighters to supplement the full-time firefighter force. When called for emergencies, these call firefighters respond to the fire station from work or home.
Members receive free professional training through the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy to obtained their Firefighter I/II and HAZMAT Operations Level Responder, and First Responder certifications. The Rowley Fire Department provides further in-house training. Members also have opportunities to receive other specialized training and education such as advanced firefighting, Emergency Medical Technician Basic certification, and more.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers Licenses
- Training towards Firefighter I/II
- CPR Certified
- Hazmat and First Responder certifications
- CORI/SORI background check required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Must live within a 10 minute response time to the Rowley Fire Station (Decision on distance/time to respond up to the sole discretion of the Chief).
- Must not have a medical condition that would prevent them from fully performing the duties of a Firefighter/First Responder/EMT
- Must pass a pre-employment CORI/SORI check
- Must be a non-smoker
- Must be able to attend minimum required department trainings (nights, and/or weekends)
- Must respond to a minimum required percentage of calls for service.
How to Apply
If interested, please send resume, driving record, and employment application to:
Town of Rowley
PO Box 275
Rowley, MA 01969
Have questions or want to tour the station? Call (978) 948-3812 or visit during administrative hours.