Fire Part Time, Firefighter
Town of Waterford is looking to fill positions for Part Time Firefighters. Coverage Needed for All Shifts, Days, Nights and Weekends. Under direct supervision of the Department Chief at the Assigned Fire Company. May supervise crew assignment at a fire or other type of response. Exercise the ability to instruct new drivers and firefighters in the use of equipment
Purpose of Position
On–duty firefighter at any of the Town‘s five fire districts for the protection of life and property and maintenance of fire company buildings, quarters and equipment. Other related duties as required (e.g. clearing of hydrants, inspections, etc.) See “Example of Duties”
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle Type 102 license or better.
- Must possess Fire Fighter 1 Certification and HazMat Operational Level Training.
- Must be a State of Connecticut Certified EMT.
- Must have CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) certification and meet the qualification requirements of a Town of Waterford part time paid Firefighter.
Education and Training
- Position will require continuous advanced firefighting, medical and any other mandated Federal, State or Local Training.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Must be able to pass periodic physical exams, drug screening, and physical agility testing and be able to work effectively under stressful situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move significant amounts of weight including equipment, and people during rescue operations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The dexterity necessary to utilize a computer keyboard on a regular basis is essential.
Example of Duties
- The protection of life and property.
- Driver and operator of all apparatus housed in the station.
- Qualified to use and instruct in use of all equipment in the assigned station,
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the apparatus, company buildings and equipment,
- Required to perform maintenance on apparatus, company buildings and equipment.
- Report all deficiencies to the proper authority.
- Will be required to participate in record keeping, training, pre–planning or inspections when on duty.
- Be responsible for making, sending and keeping of Town, Company or State Reports as required.
- Instruct fellow firefighters as new drivers and in the use of all equipment.
- Perform other duties, which may arise, for the betterment of the company as specified by the Chief
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are encouraged to fill out applications here
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to
Waterford Town Hall, Attn: HR Department,
15 Rope Ferry Road, Waterford CT 06385.