We are seeking collaborative, customer-service oriented, professional team members to serve as Firefighter/Paramedics.
The Town of Bridgewater is rich in history; but evolving, so the right candidates will need to meet the high standards and changing needs of the community. The Town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages and welcomes all candidates to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The Town of Bridgewater does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Successful applicants will have the minimum qualifications:
- Registered Massachusetts EMT-Paramedic;
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers License;
- High school diploma, some college is preferred;
- Ability to learn to apply standard firefighting, emergency aid, hazardous materials, and fire prevention techniques. Ability to perform strenuous or peak physical effort during emergency, training or station maintenance activities for prolonged periods of time under conditions of extreme heights, intense heat, cold or smoke; ability to act effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; and communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to pass rigorous Physical Agility Test; fitness, medical exams; and background investigation.
- Must be physically able to lift and/or move up to 125 pounds and able to drag 175 pounds.
- 15-mile residency requirement within one (1) year of hire.
How to Apply
Follow this link fill out the application and submit accordingly on the portal or email to [email protected]:
In addition to the application, please submit your letter of interest and resume via e-mail or by mail to Town Manager’s Office/Human Resources, REF: Firefighter/Paramedic - 66 Central Square – 2nd floor, Bridgewater, MA 02324. Applications and resume submissions are reviewed as submitted. Only applicants that are being offered interview will be contacted. Position is open until filled.