Fire Full Time, Firefighter/Paramedic: East Longmeadow Fire Department
The East Longmeadow Fire Department is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill two full-time Firefighter/Paramedic positions. The successful candidates will begin work in October 2022.
If the successful candidates have not completed the Massachusetts Fire Academy Career Recruit Firefighter Training Program, they will need to attend at a date to be determined. The newly appointed Firefighter/Paramedics will work with existing fire department members in firefighting duties and the operation of an advanced life support ambulance.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be twenty-one years of age.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
- Associates Degree in Fire Science or related field preferred.
- EMT-Paramedic Massachusetts certification with a minimum one year working experience preferred.
- Massachusetts Fire Academy Career Recruit Firefighter Training Program graduate with Firefighter I/II & Hazardous Materials Operational Level certifications preferred but not required.
- Must not smoke any tobacco product.
- Must live in East Longmeadow or within 15 miles from the borders of East Longmeadow within one-year from date of hire.
Annual Salary: $60,000-$80,000 /year
Hourly Rate : $25-$50 /hour
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online at www.eastlongmeadowma.gov or submit your application, resume, cover letter and references to: Human Resources Department, 60 Center Square, East Longmeadow MA 01028.