Fire Full Time, Firefighter
The Mashantucket (Western) Pequot Tribal Nation is looking to fill a full time Firefighter position. Under the supervision of the Captain, the incumbent carries out all firefighting, emergency medical, hazardous material, rescue & inspection duties which arise.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- High school diploma or GED and one (1) to three (3) years firefighting experience required.
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Aptitude for mechanical work preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be in good physical and mental condition.
- Current CPAT (Candidate Physical Agility Test), with an issue date of no more than two years prior to the application closing date preferred or must pass the Mashantucket Physical Agility Test within first year of hire. ProBoard or CT. Certified Fire Fighter II Certification, NREMT or State Equivalent EMT required.
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Technician or State Equivalent EPA Hazardous Materials Technician preferred and/or Hazardous Materials Awareness/ Operations.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration.
- CT CDL or 2Q preferred.
- 2Q restrictions license will be obtained within the first year of hire.