EMA Full Time, Dispatcher
Are you customer service orientated with a desire to serve a welcoming college community?
Endicott College’s Public Safety Department is seeking a Dispatcher to support the communication needs of the department by operating various radio frequencies and dispatching service and emergency calls for the campus. The Public Safety Department serves to protect Endicott’s campus community. If you have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated professional demeanor, apply today!
The Dispatcher’s responsibilities are to:
- Maintain effective and efficient communication between the Police Department, its employees, the public, other college departments and personnel, outside emergency and law enforcement agencies by receiving and dispatching general and emergency information.
- Answer business and emergency phones; including the college’s switchboard outside regular business hours providing information, direction, and services.
- Provide a wide variety of in-person services such as assisting with the parking and traffic office when needed and signing keys in/out under strict key control policy.
- Operate, with proficiency, several computer systems such as card access system, CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System), and police computer aided dispatch and report management programs.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the Video Monitoring System used by the College.
- Must be able to obtain CJIS certification (from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts) at hire and retain this certification as a condition of continued employment
- Must successfully complete a background investigation prior to hire
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Knowledge of police dispatching practices and a willingness to keep self up-to-date on current practices and maintain department-sponsored training
- Ability to analyze requests for both emergency and non-emergency services and make independent decisions
Endicott College is located in the beautiful seaside town of Beverly, MA – a wonderful place to work and enjoy all that the Northshore of Boston has to offer. Endicott celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people—representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should apply online here: https://endicottcollege.applytojob.com/apply/PoxxmyRJck/Dispatcher